Sunday, May 31, 2020

A thrilling story part 5

“Don’t tell them you can see”

I returned to my parents but didn’t say a word about what happened just few minutes ago. Some people told us we should rest for a little bit, because with all these events all of us must be tired. I looked at a big screen in the middle of the hall which showed warning not to look at the moon and also the time. It was 10 o’clock in the morning and pitch black outside. We were given room to sleep for some time but before, we were also told not to panic and if they will know something they will tell us. We unpacked despite not having a lot of stuff because mostly it was just food. I didn’t bother to take a shower or even change to pajamas. I went straight to sleep.
I didn’t know how much I’ve been sleeping but when I woke up I couldn’t see. My eyesight was gone. I stared yelling terrified while crying. I heard my mom somewhere saying she and dad couldn’t see either and that I should calm down.
 ...
Six months passed since this incident. ‘The Great Blinding’ took a place as the crazy lady predicted. Now she isn’t crazy anymore, she was right. I don’t know exactly how the world looks, if it is still dark as night or if the blindness was caused by the moon. But the truth is nobody knew.  I haven’t heard a thing from Erick since that night. But as I lost my eyesight I connected the dots. He knew exactly what was going to happen and he was patiently waiting for this moment. This is why I didn’t know much about him he was hiding a lot of secrets. That was the time I also realized how Erick have similar features as the ‘crazy lady’. Even habits that I can recall are the same. This has to be his grandmother.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to be continued...
_______________________________________________________________________
K. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment